Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jump around.......


One of the things I did with the autism mini grant money I got for Connor was to sign him up for classes at a place called My Gym. It's down on Harts Run Road near Shaler. Great little place. Today was our first day. He is signed up for fitness classes for his age group, and also, they have free play time once a week for an hour, so we stayed for that, too. He had a blast. You can see in the photo (that's him in the orange shorts) that he was having no trouble following along. Leah and Ryan, the instructors, were great with the kids. Connor is looking forward to going back next week. He made some new friends and had a ton of fun. And he jumped himself right into a nap, which shocked my socks off! He hasn't taken regular naps for me for nearly 2 years now. When he does, it's because he's physically tired (like today), or because he's sick. But he jumped himself right to sleep, so I can live with that! :)

No comments: