Isaak's youngest brother, Peter, got married on Saturday to his longtime girlfriend, Sally Hindle. He and Sally have known each other longer than Isaak and I have been married, so it was wonderful to see those two lovebirds finally tie the knot! I can't think of two people better suited to one another (OK, except for me and Isaak). :) Here is Isaak, the best man, and Peter, waiting for the arrival of Sally. The wedding was held at the Royal Alberta Museum in Edmonton, and it was a gorgeous location. A part of the ceremony I really enjoyed was where they combined roses into one vase. Prior to this, the mothers placed them in two vases. I equate it with what Americans usually do with the unity candle. It was so lovely and I really liked it.

Here's Isaak, with two girls on his arm. He received lots of jokes about that at the reception. :) He was the best man and Peter had no other groomsmen, and Sally's sisters were both her bridesmaids. So Isaak had double the duties. He handled it well. He also delivered a very nice speech at the reception. I was proud of him.
Here is the bride and groom, exchanging rings.
And here they are kissing for the first time as husband and wife!And here they are, being announced as the new Mr. and Mrs. Peter Berg! There is a small movement to get them to change their names to Hindle Berg, to combine both of their last names. but Sally assured us at the reception that that would not be happening. :( Bummer. I think it sounds super cute.
And last but not least, here we all are, at the first dance at the reception. Connor wanted to join us, so he did. Everyone laughed at our three-person dance. I was glad Isaak's cousin, Brenna, snapped this photo so we can remember it for years to come!Best wishes to Peter and Sally for a long and wonderful marriage! We love you both! Sally, welcome to the family!




1 comment:
It looks lovely!!
Post a Comment