Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring has sprung!

So, my mother told me yesterday that my post was depressing (hi mom!), so I decided to write something a little more positive today.

When I got up this morning, I noticed that the tiger lilies and skunk cabbage plants were starting to grow in my back rock garden! Yay! A sure sign of spring.

It's not the best picture, but here are those plants growing. I am avoiding walking in my yard right now, as it's basically a swamp from all the melted snow and rain we've had in the last two days.

These guys have been around all winter, but they tend to start coming out more when spring has sprung, looking for food they don't have to dig through frozen snow to find.






And this little cutie above actually let me walk right up to her and give her an apple. They are so hungry that I think they'd come in for dinner if I opened the door. So I cleaned out the fridge the other day and got rid of old fruit and veggies that weren't fit for human consumption, but that the deer loved.

The last sure sign of spring will come when I see my groundhog family that lives under the shed in the back yard. When they start coming out, I know it's a done deal.
Happy Spring!

No comments: