Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Clutter, clutter everywhere......


I swear, we must have a clutter fairy.

I will clean, organize and sort, and by a few days later, it looks as if I haven't done a thing. I don't know if we're just horrible organizers or if we just have trouble staying organized, but clearly something is wrong in my household.

A perfect example is a few months ago, I cleaned out our hallway linen closet. I had it so neat and organized, with towels on one shelf, sheets on another and even one whole shelf for my son's art supplies. I even had a cleaning supply area for stuff like my Swiffer and dusting supplies. I was so proud of myself. I opened that closet the other day and was mortified at how it looked. Stuff was everywhere! And I swear, I don't remember doing that. I'm telling you, it's the clutter fairy. Has to be.

Same with our basement. We put up shelves last year to help organize our extra junk. I love my husband to death, but he is a bit of a hoarder. He will keep the most obscure thing because, as he tells me all the time, "we might be able to use it for something else, honey." What on earth he thinks we need old dead batteries for (and not the rechargeable kind) is beyond me. But whatever. As long as they're out of my way, I don't care. We had that basement looking pretty good. Then BAM! The clutter fairy struck. Now, I basically have a path to the laundry room and one to the door to our garage. The poor cat is lucky he can find his litter box down there it's that bad.

I don't know what I'm going to do about this clutter fairy. I wonder if she has a sister called the Organization Fairy. If so, I wish she'd come visit............

No comments: